Out of concern for our audience’s and staff’s health, we have taken the decision to cancel all performances until the end of July and all big operas and ballets until the end of 2020. Do you have any questions about the impact of these measures? You may find the answer down below.
I have tickets for a performance that has been cancelled. When will I receive further information on its reimbursement?
We have sent all ticket buyers an e-mail with information on refunds. Have you not received this info? Please, get in touch with our Box Office via email@example.com. We would love to help you.
When are you going to announce the next season?
For the time being, we are not announcing the next season. We only want to present a season of new performances if we can guarantee you that these are likely to take place. At the moment, the coronavirus and the necessary measures to contain it are still causing too much uncertainty. As soon as we have any further updates, we will keep you informed.
How can I keep up-to-date about your plans?
If you subscribe to our newsletter, you are first in line to receive our news updates. Of course, following our social media and keeping an eye on our website are good ways to stay informed, as well.
I am a season ticket buyer. Will I be able to keep my seat?
As we are not able to announce the next season, it is not yet possible to buy season tickets yet. Not to worry: your current seat will remain reserved for you until we start selling season tickets again. You will keep your usual priority over single ticket buyers.
I would like to support Opera Ballet Vlaanderen and his artists in these trying times. Is this possible?
Yes, of course. You can help us in many ways. Find the the support option that suits you best in this overview.
Which performances have been cancelled?
We haven’t announced season 2020/2021, but we won’t be playing any big operas and ballets until 31 December 2020. In season 2019/2020 we have had to cancel the following productions:
- Khan/Cherkaoui/Pite (March 13-18 - Theatre 't Eilandje)
- Symphony of Expectation (March 15 - Opera Antwerp)
- DEDAPONTETRILOGIE (March 21 - Opera Antwerp)
- C(H)OEURS 2020 (March 20 to April 8 - Opera Ghent & Opera Antwerp)
- Bach studies ( March 31 to April 25 - Genk, Turnhout, Kortrijk & Heist-op-den-Berg)
- A Revue (April 1 - 3 - Opera Ghent)
- Guided tour (April 4 - Opera Antwerp)
- Rizoom! (April 17 - 24 - Opera Antwerp)
- Così fan tutte (April 23 - May 24 - Opera Ghent & Opera Antwerp)
- Recital Oliemans en Martineau: Die schöne Müllerin ( May 2 - Opera Antwerp)
- Usher (May 8 - May 17 - theater 't Eilandje & Opera Ghent)
- Cherkaoui / Bausch (June 16 - July 7 - Opera Ghent & Opera Antwerp)
- Cocktailconcert Doem & verlossing (May 22 - Opera Ghent, May 28 - Opera Antwerp)
- Mahler 4 (May 30 & 31 - Opera Ghent & Opera Antwerp)
- Faust (June 14 - July 2 - Opera Antwerp & Opera Ghent)
- Opera, ballet & film: Manifesto (June 14 & June 28 - Cinema Cartoon's & Studio Skoop)
- Shéhérazade / L'heure espagnole (July 10 & 11 - Opera Ghent)
We will contact the affected ticket holders as soon as possible about the reimbursement of their tickets. For now, our box offices are closed. You can always reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
My Opera Ballet Vlaanderen voucher will expire. What can I do?
No worries. We will extend the expiry date for each giftcard or voucher that expires between March 1st and the day our box offices re-open with an extra year. This is a manual process, so please contact our box office at email@example.com.
I have a question that is not listed here. What do I do?
We would love to answer your questions! Get in contact with our box office via firstname.lastname@example.org.