As a result of the new Royal Decree, we can restart our performances from 12 January.
What does January look like?
Yesterday the government decided with a new Royal Decree that the culture houses can open their doors again, for the time being for 200 people.
But of course, opera and ballet are not art forms that can be turned back on at the push of a button. Yet we are pleased to be able to welcome you back in full from 12 January:
- On 12 January we reopen in Ghent with the performances of the VONK-project Liebestod, a special performance around the iconic fragment from Wagner's Tristan und Isolde.
- Unfortunately, for technical reasons, it is not yet possible to stage all 7 performances of La bohème in Ghent. The new performance dates for La bohème in Ghent will be 14, 15, 16 and 18 January.
- Performances in Antwerp of Noetic/Le Sacre du printemps are cancelled. A number of crucial people within the production team have been infected with the coronavirus. These are the performances from Friday 21 January to Sunday 30 January in theatre 't Eilandje in Antwerp. The performances in Opera Gent from Sunday 6 February onwards will go ahead as planned. All ticket holders will be contacted personally early next week.
Because we will in any case be able to play to a much smaller capacity than the number of tickets already sold (provisionally 200 people per performance), we will first refund all those who already had tickets for one of the performances.
If you have not yet submitted your method of repayment, please do so before 31 December using the link in the email we sent you. Or contact our box office via 070 22 02 02 or via email@example.com.
The new ticket sales for the January performances will start on Thursday 6 January and will take place in 3 phases:
- On Thursday 6 January at 10 am the sales will open for everyone who is a Vriend or has season tickets.
- On Thursday 6 January at 8 pm the sale will open for everyone who already had tickets for one of the performances.
- On Friday 7 January at 2 pm the ticket sale will open for all others.
Of course, we hope that in the coming weeks the principle of proportionality will also be applied, so that we can safely accommodate more people in our venues.